Re: Should we enable pre-view images for gUM?

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 12:04:23 +0100
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Cc: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
> On 28 January 2016 at 09:23, Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net> wrote:
>> My opinion is that if such a feature is *already* feasible within each
>> web application then it is not needed as a browser built-in feature.
>
> But it isn't feasible.  Unless you are making some presumptions about
> the access control that don't hold in the general case.

So, this feature is about displaying a video preview(s) within the
getUserMedia permission prompt? Not sure what that tries to solve, but
I agree with Harald:

- No web developer will like how it looks.

- I would feel terrified if a website captures and displays my webcam
even before I grant it.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>