Re: [mediacapture-fromelement] HTML Media Element captureStream() should avoid protected/encrypted content

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 11:48:20 +1100
To: Miguel Casas <mcasas@google.com>
Cc: jan-ivar via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 12 January 2016 at 02:40, Miguel Casas <mcasas@google.com> wrote:

> Martin, can't we have protected content of a Single Source Origin?
> And what should be done if such situation ever arises, start capturing
> blanks, fire an Event, throw an Exception?

Say you load content into a <video> tag using MSE.  If that content is
protected, then MSE should force that content to become cross-origin,
otherwise this all goes sour.

I believe that the right model is thus:

 1. The MediaStream(Track) will happily carry cross-origin content.
 2. Sinks (<video>, RTCPeerConnection, WebAudio) should define what they do
with cross-origin content.