deviceId persistence behavior - please review PR#373

From: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 11:55:48 +0000
To: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
All,

at last (joint webrtc wg and mediacapture tf) virtual interim meeting we
agreed (see minutes [1] and summary [2]) we agreed that Jan-Ivar would
supply a PR that added to the spec the option for UAs to deal with
pre-grant deviceId persistence in a more cookie-like way  (the other
option would be to deal with it as specced right now: no persistence
allowed before a granted gUM call).

Jan-Ivar has since the meeting produced a PR [3]. To me personally it
looks reasonable, but we'd like more eyes reviewing it.

Stefan for the chairs

[1] https://www.w3.org/2016/06/28-webrtc-minutes
[2]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/2016Jul/0012.html