Re: Comments/Questions on Media Capture Streams – Privacy and Security Considerations

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 07:35:33 +0100
To: Eric Rescorla <ekr@rtfm.com>
On Thursday 29 October 2015 15:04:05 Eric Rescorla wrote:
> Chrome and Firefox do both of the two things listed in this quoted block
>
> 1. Inform the user that the devices are hot.

Ok, in this case I can understand that if one has a visual indication that mic
and camera are "on" the need for an additional prompt is somewhat moot.

> 2. Provide mechanisms for revoking consent.

This is then a question of usability. Is clicking on the visual indication
allowing to revoke the consent/permission?

Thanks for the explanations. I should have tested those browsers, but time is
not infinite, unfortunately.

 --Rigo