VOTE: Constraints Registry

From: Shijun Sun <shijuns@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 20:56:20 +0000
To: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
This is the position from Microsoft.

QUESTION 1: SHOULD THE SPECIFICATION REFERENCE A REGISTRY?

[  ] Yes
[ X] No

QUESTION 2: SHOULD THE REGISTRY BE HOSTED AT IANA?

[  ] Yes
[ X] No

Comments:
We'd like to see the spec to be self-contained, and define what it defines.  All new constraints to the spec and other extensions (e.g. Screen Capture and Media Recorder, etc.) should go through proper W3C/WG discussion and approval process.  We believe it is more reliable to manage the progress and risk within the W3C/WG rather than through other individual registry option.

Best, Shijun