Re: Formalizing our permissions model using the Permissions API

Den 30. nov. 2015 08:48, skrev Stefan Håkansson LK:
> This looks quite good IMO.
>
> But, for microphone and camera permissions, would it not make sense to
> have a list of devideIds? For the situation where the UA has stored
> permissions (for this origin) to use camera A and B but not C?
>
> (Slightly different from all-cameras).

My reading of the permissions model is that if a permission is qualified
by an ID, each different ID value turns the permisison into a different
permission.

So if there existed 3 cameras A, B and C, I have permissions to camera A
and B, I would have the permissions "camera A" and "camera B", and there
would exist a permission "camera C" that I did not have.

The point of "all-cameras" would be to say "I have permission to use
camera A, B and C, and if camera D is plugged in, I will have permission
to use that too".

I hope someone can verify that they read the permissions doc the same
way (or not).