Re: Screen sharing and device pixel ratio

On 14 December 2015 at 20:58, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> I see logical pixels as a hack that was introduced in order to avoid
> having to retrofit applications that made unwise assumptions about the
> relationship of pixels to screen size; I'd prefer that we not perpetuate
> the lunacy that they cause.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple.

In an application-sharing case, there are potentially different
windows with different pixel density.  Compositing those into a single
track will result in windows with different sizes.

Also, it's not clear what the scale-down factor needs to be.  An
application doesn't know the pixel density of a given window.  Again,
if multiple windows are shared, the size discrepancy could be jarring.