Re: Video filter

Hi,

> On 16 Apr 2015, at 02:08, Rob Manson <roBman@buildAR.com> wrote:
>
> There's definitely common and useful functions that could be optimised for video post processing.
>
> I don't think we need to boil the ocean and birth the full equivalent of Web Audio 8)
>
> Yet some well chosen extensions could deliver a lot of benefits with minimal effort.
>
> And it does seem to fit well with the WG's scope.
>
> - API functions for encoding and other [processing] of those media streams
> - API functions for decoding and [processing] (...) of those streams at the incoming end
>
> I'd like to put together a Use Cases document and would welcome any input from other people interested.

Use cases and requirements document sounds like a good "no risk" starting point to me. So +1 on Rob starting one.

As Rob mentioned, this ties into the mediacapture-depth effort, for which one of the requirements is to provide an API that takes a MediaStream (and/or MediaStreamTrack) and spits out depth map(s). We've been investigating alternatives on how such an API might look like, whether to extend mediacapture-image, mint our own.

mediacapture-depth might be one concrete application of such a common API for video stream post processing, so I'd be interested in exploring this further, contribute.

Thanks,

-Anssi