Re: Image Capture spec: new version

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 7:15 PM, Johannes Odland <johannes.odland@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Remember that the purpose of the grabFrame() is to be able to both analyse
> and manipulate frames in the video feed.
> ImageBitmap will not provide direct access to individual pixels. Neither
> will converting the ImageBitmap to a blob. I suggest we stay with ImageData.

What if you want manipulate frames using WebGL? Then you really *don't*
want to use ImageData since that would require pulling image data into main
memory (converting to RGB) even if there's a direct way to copy data from
the camera to VRAM.

Convenience methods to convert ImageBitmap to Blobs and ImageData are
needed, although you can work around them for now using an intermediate
canvas.

Rob
owohooo
oioso