Re: Strawman Promises consensus position, based on Thursday's telechat

On 10/6/14, 11:54 AM, Jake Archibald wrote:
> > Unprefixing will seamlessly work.
>
> Dropping navigator.getUserMedia & keeping the prefixed versions as
> (c,s,f) => navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia(c).then(s, f) will also
> seamlessly work, and doesn't result in shipping callbacks despite (or,
> to spite?) promises.

Personally I would support that, but beware the difference from what's
proposed: What you suggest would not require Safari or IE to implement
navigator.getUserMedia, which would break anyone who expected:

navigator.getUserMedia = navigator.getUserMedia ||
navigator.webkitGetUserMedia || navigator.mozGetUserMedia;

to work on Safari or IE.

(though Safari or IE would of course be free to implement, say,
navigator.webkitGetUserMedia for legacy compatibility if they so desired)

.: Jan-Ivar :.