Re: Strawman Promises consensus position, based on Thursday's telechat

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 5:19 PM, Jake Archibald <jaffathecake@gmail.com>
wrote:

> If navigator.getUserMedia is a legacy navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia,
> then remove the former from the spec now. The prefixed versions can
> continue with the callbacks for compatibility.

Ah, I mistakenly assumed the plan was to have navigator.getUserMedia
continue under prefixes (and didn't think of the unprefixed one) so was
wondering what the fuss was about.

Now that its more clear to me, then yes, I also support not going to 1.0
with callback based navigator.getUserMedia ... we can continue with a
callback based approach with the prefixes ... and have promises under
navigator.mediaDevices.getUserMedia.

--
Shwetank Dixit
Web Evangelist,