Re: Promise slides

On 9/30/14 02:14, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
> Here are the slides.
>
> .: Jan-Ivar :.

Sorry for falling a bit behind on the issue, but I just want to make
sure I understand what's under discussion here. Fundamentally, this
looks like a proposal to delay spec publication for a change that can be
retrofit with a small handful of lines of code:

navigator.oldGum = navigator.getUserMedia ||
                    navigator.mozGetUserMedia ||
                    navigator.webkitGetUserMedia;

navigator.getUserMedia =
function(constraints, successCallback, errorCallback) {
   return new Promise(function(resolve, reject){
     try {
       navigator.oldGum(constraints,
         function(stream) {
           resolve(stream);
           if (successCallback)
             successCallback(stream);
         },
         function(error) {
           reject(error);
           if (errorCallback)
             errorCallback(error);
         });
       } catch (error) {
         reject(error);
         if (successCallback || errorCallback)
           throw(error);
       }
   });
};

Is that right? Would it make more sense to publish this somewhere so
that users interested in promises can use them, while giving the rest of
the world a finalized v1 spec?

/a