Re: When the light goes on

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 06:44:18 -0700
To: Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Cc: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 22 May 2014 23:14, Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK
<stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com> wrote:
> An active
>> indicator (the light) probably needs to be switched off in this
>> scenario too.
>
> This is right down to the "active indicator" part, but you then say "the
> light"; I think it was said several times that "the light" is out of
> control for the UA and that we'd have to rely on it doing the right thing.

Yes, there I am talking about a specific case where the light is used
as the active indicator.  In cases where the active indicator might
persist independent of the use of the application (and therefore the
camera access), it's important that our model permit it to be
suppressed.