Re: Media Capture Depth Stream Extension - call for review

Hi Harald,

On 14 Mar 2014, at 10:12, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:

> One thing we need to be careful of is terminology.
> In particular, the (in retrospect unfortunate) term "stream" probably needs to be avoided, except in the strict sense of MediaStream. It means too many different things to too many people.

Thanks for chiming in, I strongly agree. Especially in the spec prose (even if non-normative), but also in other communications to avoid confusion.

> Example:
>
> On 03/13/2014 05:40 PM, Kostiainen, Anssi wrote:
>> I think I get what you mean. This requirement indeed needs to be addressed, if not in v1, in the later iterations of the spec. One general solution that scales to N number of *MediaStreamTracks* of any type would probably be (in abstract) something like what is being proposed as the MediaDeviceInfo.groupId. Or alternatively, to provide a method that takes a *MediaStreamTrack* as an argument, and returns other associated *MediaStreamTracks*, if any.
>
> In this case, it's plain from context that Anssi is talking about MediaStreamTracks, but it is very easy to slip into talking about streams - and it will confuse the issue.

You’re right, I obviously tried to say MediaStreamTracks, but it slipped through somehow. I stand corrected above.

Thanks,

-Anssi