Re: Conclusions from the constraints spec review

From: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 10:57:01 +0000
To: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>
CC: Jan-Ivar Bruaroey <jib@mozilla.com>, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, "Eric Rescorla" <ekr@rtfm.com>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 2014-02-11 21:28, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 7:04 AM, Stefan Håkansson LK
> <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com
> <mailto:stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>> wrote:
>
>     It becomes very difficult to make progress if we, in situation when we
>     have had one design discussed and agreed to a long time ago, being in
>     the draft for a long time, can't consider it as the baseline.
>

> The Constrainable interface first appeared a little over 3 months ago.
> Before that, constraints were in the draft via MediaTrackConstraints,

That's correct, but Constraints with the same basic functionality as
today appeared in the 2012-08-13 version
(http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/archives/20120813/getusermedia.html).
That is 17 months ago.