Re: Initial draft of mediacapture-output spec posted

A use case for supported sample rates/bit depths?  Well, any decent digital
audio workstation (and even non-decent DAWs) enable the user to select the
appropriate bit rate for a connected device, to get the best quality (i.e.
not being multiple-resampled).  Even just for the use case of trying to
hook into the default audio device appropriately, we need to understand its
basic capabilities.

Realistically, the fingerprinting surface area here is relatively minimal -
and just not talking about it in the spec doesn't make it larger or smaller.