Re: Github repo notifications

On 12 December 2014 at 12:23, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
> The important thing for me as a WG chair is to make sure the group knows
> what the editors are doing to the document, and can check whether it
> reflects what they think we agreed on in the WG or not.

Keeping a tight leash on editors is detrimental in a number of ways.
If the expectation is that there is continuous oversight, that creates
burdens on all involved.  I'd prefer to rely on the usual process of
regular review and give editors a little more discretion in how they
operate, depending on what stage in the process a document is at.  We
simply need the right balance of checks.

It seems like this is at least partially predicated on a lack of trust
in the editors.  I've seen no strong indication that that is an issue.

We're on github, so people can, at their discretion, use the tools
provided to watch more closely.  And no screwup is totally
irreversible.