Re: Bare values read as "just this value please"

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 18:22:53 +0200
To: public-media-capture@w3.org
On 08/05/2014 04:16 PM, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
> Slides in case this comes up today (I had to scramble last time):
>
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1pql9zGhtX8r84qdnGFuSZM0aOMOHBxXVbkJsXwbCI0k/edit?usp=sharing
>

> .: Jan-Ivar :.

I've disagreed enough on the main topic that it's not worth repeating,
but I'll call out another one from this deck:

I happen to disagree with the formulation of the advanced-array: The
individual constraints are as mandatory as they otherwise are, it's the
entire advanced-array element that is optional / ignorable.

An advanced-array element either succeeds or fails; there is no picking
individual items from it.