Re: Screen sharing

From: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 20:33:31 +0200
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
On 04/25/2014 06:51 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 25 April 2014 00:09, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no> wrote:
>> I'd suggest that this is actually more useful, and what we should say that
>> "application" source is intended to be, but might have to carry the caveat
>> that "some applications, some of the time, wil be unable to present screen
>> content that is not also shown on the user's screen - this will lead to
>> parts of the image being frozen or greyed-out".
> This ignores the potential issues that this presents.  If I'm sharing
> an app and there were things that my peer sees without my knowledge,
> that could be problematic.  I don't know what the right answer is, but
> it isn't as simple as you claim.
I don't claim that it's simple, but that it's useful. (at the moment,
the tab-casting feature of my Chromecast dongle lets me play Spotify on
my TV while I'm doing other things on the screen).

Yes, screen capture of pop-unders is a real issue. We might have to
limit such functionality to "applications" that are part of the Web
model, where one can either use the same-origin criterion or use CORS to
get authorization.

I'm not sure what the answers should be, but "you can only send what's
on the screen" seems like it's not a complete answer either.