Permission dialog across pages, domains

From: cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 14:06:00 -0400
To: "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
Hi,

It is my understanding that all implementations will cache the user
response to the permission dialog for HTTPS pages.

Does the permission get remembered across a single page? Or across all
pages on the same domain? Or across all pages across the domain and
sub-domains?

I ask because I'd like to split my application across multiple HTML
pages but I don't want to re-prompt the user for permission every time.
I want to have multiple pages which explain the permission dialog and
help users configure their camera/microphone, and another page to
actually run the application.

Thanks,
Gili