Ideal? (was Re: WebIDL-compatible syntax compromise)

> the typical "I must have a size in this range but would really prefer that
> size" example could be expressed as
>
> constraints = {
>     required: "width",
>     width: {min: 230, max: 1024},
>     advanced: [{width: 640}]
> }

This is no worse than in the existing spec, but yes, you probably hit the simplest need for advanced right there, since we can't write:

var constraints = {
    required: "width",
    width: {min: 230, max: 1024},
    width: 640, // error: object property repeat!
};

Would people be open to (re)consider the 'ideal' extension?

var constraints = {
    required: "width",
    width: {min: 230, max: 1024, ideal: 640},
};

It might let us get rid of getNativeSettings() as well, as you could get native info in it from getCapabilities().

.: Jan-Ivar :.