Re: WebIDL errors in WD-mediacapture-streams-20130516

Le mardi 10 septembre 2013 à 15:29 +0200, Harald Alvestrand a écrit :
> Some of these (the full URL interface, for instance) are cross-document
> references - what's the recommended procedure for making sure those are
> available?

The WebIDL checker currently operates with a pre-defined set of
well-known interfaces, and URL is not part of that set.

In practice, since we're moving away from relying on that particular
interface, it probably is not a big deal; I have nevertheless filed an
issue on the checker to add it:
https://github.com/dontcallmedom/webidl-checker/issues/6

Raising an issue on the checker repository is probably the best approach
for missing cross-references at this stage:
https://github.com/dontcallmedom/webidl-checker/issues/new

In general, this is a part of the checker that I want to improve:
ideally, it would automatically load interfaces that are defined in
normative references linked from the spec being checked; that's more
involved, so probably won't happen very soon, but will avoid these false
positives:
https://github.com/dontcallmedom/webidl-checker/issues/7

HTH,

Dom