Re: Proposal: Time out for getUserMedia.

On 11/09/2013 6:14 AM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * cowwoc wrote:
>>      Futures/Promises wouldn't help. Essentially we're asking for the
>> ability to cancel an ongoing getUserMedia request. This could occur as
>> the result of a timeout, or some external stimuli (server notification,
>> SMS, etc).
> (There have been suggestions and requests to have a way to indicate that
> a Promise'd value is no longer sought and any associated activity can be
> aborted.)

     I'd be in favor of that approach because then we can make other
asynchronous operations cancellable, and the UX will benefit.

     That being said... The last time I checked the WG did not plan to
use Promises for WebRTC 1.0, so what do we do in the meantime?

Gili