RE: Query on MediaRecorder

From: Jim Barnett <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 12:15:13 +0000
To: Dhamu <sridhamu@gmail.com>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
Comments in-line

From: Dhamu [mailto:sridhamu@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 10:43 PM
To: public-media-capture@w3.org
Subject: Query on MediaRecorder

Hi,
I was going through the MediaRecorder draft in below link.
Link: http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-mediastream-recording-20130205/
I have a few queries with this draft.

1)      What type of data will get in ondataavailable either encoded audio or video or both?
>> That depends on what types of Tracks are in the MediaStream.   Could be audio, or video, or both.

2)      What is the role of mimeType here?
>> To let you know what the encoding of the data is

3)      Can u tel me the use case with this data?
>> The use cases are up to you.  What would you use it for?

-          Jim

Thanks.
Regards,
Dhamodaran