Re: Cloning and sharing of MediaStreamTracks - worth it?

On 5/10/13 12:09 AM, Jim Barnett wrote:
> Well, we’d better agree on this  soon or we’ll be chasing our tails
> forever.  People have radically different understandings of what a Track
> actually does. I think that’s one reason that the discussions of cloning
> and constraints/settings never seems to progress.

Jim, I agree fully. But I don't think Martin and I really differ. I
think we're both saying that

* enabled and the set of constraints are track properties
* mute and the media are source properties. The app can get info about
the media currently generated by probing the state of the source serving
the track:
http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/getusermedia.html#source-states

Stefan