Re: Proposal to move sourceID to be integers

On 7 May 2013 09:54, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) <fluffy@cisco.com> wrote:

> As far as I can tell, sourceID are more or less opaque identifiers. So can we move them to be integers to help make it easier to process constraints. It would be fine if this integer was created by doing a hash of some string.
>
> Note … I don't care much one way or the other if we do this but seems like not all bad idea ….

How big an integer?  I'm thinking that the JavaScript numeric types
don't have enough bits for what I was planning to do.

How does this make constraint processing easier?  By removing string
(i.e., enumerated) types from the set of permissible constrain types?