Re: types for direct assignment to media elements

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 2:16 AM, Jim Barnett <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com>wrote:

>  When we add direct assignment to media elements to the MediaCapture
> spec, do we want to allow things other than MediaStreams to be assigned?
> (Blobs would be a candidate.)   If we want to allow other  types, do we
> have a specific list that we want to allow?

We should allow Blobs but that doesn't have to be done right away.

We'll also want to allow MediaSource, but that can be specified elsewhere.

****

>  If we do this, what should  the IDL look like?  Do we have to define
> exactly how direct assignment works for each type?

Defining how the source objects behave should be able to share most of the
logic with createObjectURL and the usage of that URL.

I think you can write something like "attribute (Blob or MediaStream)
srcObject;"

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq