Re: Use-case: Auditing

On 16 July 2013 09:59, cowwoc <cowwoc@bbs.darktech.org> wrote:
> A multiparty video chat is initiated. An automated peer joins the call and
> captures all incoming video to disk in the same format that was used over
> the wire (meaning, without having to re-encode it).
>
>     The specification only seems to deal with browser peers for now. How do
> you plan to address the above use-case?

The scenario you describe isn't fully specified.  Does the browser
peer connect directly to the recording entity, or is the media
forwarded from an MCU?

In either case, I believe this to be out of scope.  There are groups
in the IETF who are dealing with this scenario (the siprec WG in
particular), but this is mostly just a matter for the signaling layer.