Re: noaccess / peerIdentity as constraints

On 07/11/2013 06:27 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 11 July 2013 07:28, Jim Barnett <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com> wrote:
>> So 1) is my understanding correct  2) if it is, will we need a separate peer-identity constraint?
> Not 100%, but close.  noaccess creates a potential for something
> *like* peerIdentity.  However, it significantly dilutes the assurances
> a browser can make to a user.  It also doesn't restrict the set of
> recipients in any way, including the fact that access is not
> exclusive.
>
> At best it does is allow a user agent to identify where media is
> going.  The real value, however, is to the receiver of a stream, who
> can see where the media came from.

OK, this means that there's a core part of the puzzle I'm still missing.
This may be a pure WebRTC piece, rather than a MediaCapture piece, so I
may be on the wrong mailing list...

How does the information about whether or not the stream had the
"noaccess" constraint at the origin site get communicated to the
receiver site, and which component is going to be the guarantor of the
authenticity of that information?

(this may also answer my initial query about how to avoid a scenario
where the JS passes a MediaStream through a pair of PeerConnections in
order to "scrub away" the noaccess marking).

                   Harald