RE: Image Capture Proposal, second version

> From: Mandyam, Giridhar [mailto:mandyam@quicinc.com]
> [...]
>
> >3. PhotoSettings: I'm really new to WebIDL, but shouldn't PhotoSettings
> be a dictionary or a callback interface?
>
> I'm having trouble finding a prohibition in the WebIDL spec against
> defining an object like PhotoSettings the way I did it, but I admit that
> at the very least I should've made PhotoSettings a [NoInterfaceObject].
> Regardless, pretty much all the recent W3C specs that are defining an
> options object to be passed in a method are defining them as dictionaries
> so I think you are correct from that perspective (not to mention that web
> runtime engines that are migrating their IDL to WebIDL also leverage
> dictionaries for settings).

I think a dictionary is fine. However, please note the restriction on dictionary use [1]:
"Dictionaries MUST NOT be used as the type of an attribute, constant or exception field."

So, you'd need to change your photoSettings to a method :-)

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WebIDL/#idl-dictionaries

-Travis