Re: Why does media capture require a browser?

Exactly :)

If the raw frame from "takeFrame" was compatible with ImageData then we
would be even better off.

Other frameworks could take ImageData as input and be indifferent to wether
a canvas or an image capture object was the origin.

As an example:

The "River Trail" parallel JavaScript proposal currently supports creating
a parallel array from a canvas. If we can convince them to support an
ImageData object as input then analyzing a video stream should be fairly
easy:

1. Open stream using gUM.
2. Create ImageCapture object
3. "takeFrame"
4. Create ParallelArray for processing (Hopefully from ECMAScript 8)
5. Repeat from 3.

Frames could also be passed to a web worker for processing.

Johannes Odland

Den 18. feb. 2013 kl. 19:56 skrev Travis Leithead <