RE: Image Capture Proposal

I also think that VideoStreamTrack would make sense.  Why let someone call takePhoto on an AudioStreamTrack?

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Thomson [mailto:martin.thomson@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 2:05 PM
To: Mandyam, Giridhar
Cc: public-media-capture@w3.org
Subject: Re: Image Capture Proposal

On 15 February 2013 16:36, Mandyam, Giridhar <mandyam@quicinc.com> wrote:
> Actually I was not really sure what the constructor should be.  For instance, see
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/media-stream-capture/proposals/SettingsAPI_proposal_v6.html#videostreamtrack-interface.   Should the constructor a MediaStream, MediaStreamTrack, or a VideoStreamTrack?

I don't really have a strong opinion on this one.  There are advantages to all three options.  I would suggest that VideoStreamTrack, as the most specific option, allows for less variation in usage, so would be my starting point.  I do, however, recognize some usability advantage to providing a MediaStream argument, though I would only do that so that the first VideoStreamTrack from the stream could be automatically selected.

What I do prefer is that you pick something.  Mutable objects stink.