Re: Proposal for output device selection

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 11:06:42 -0700
To: "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>
Although I recognize the value of that proposal for that proposal, I'm not
convinced logical audio channels is a good solution for the scenario of "I
have two different 8-channel audio devices that I want to provide access
to" - e.g. the digital audio workstation case.  Perhaps that's only
applicable in the case of Web Audio - and there, I'd expect (in addition to
this API) that there would be an AudioContext constructor of some form that
takes some kind of identifier (maybe a sinkId, I haven't thought that
through).  I'd like the solutions to these problem spaces to at least be
designed cooperatively.