Re: VideoStreamTrack: takePhoto()

> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:54 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>> It seems to me easy to add support for futures later, right? As in, we could
>> ship the existing callback-based API and later the browser implementation
>> can switch to futures internally, expose a DOM Futures API and easily also
>> continue supporting the old API on top of futures. Suboptimal but not
>> disastrous.
> For a callback-based API that's relatively straightforward. For one
> based on events you'll still need to keep all the event-related
> machinery around which would suck. But since we can switch now I don't
> see why we'd wait.
It seems to me that futures (what I understand of them) are easily able
to implement the "one query, one result" semantic of a callback-based API.

I think event-based machinery is appropriate when the number of things
that can happen is indeterminate (0, 1 or many); onaddstream is a
typical example.
Is there a version of futures that permits capturing this semantic too?