Re: Rationalizing new/start/end/mute/unmute/enabled/disabled

On 4/3/2013 2:04 PM, Glenn Adams wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org
> <mailto:randell-ietf@jesup.org>> wrote:
>

>     One thing I really want to see described (doesn't have to be in
>     the spec) is how an application can provide a "Hold" operation
>     where live video is replaced with a video slate and/or
>     pre-recorded animation/audio, and do it without an offer/answer
>     exchange.  The MediaStream Processing API would have made this
>     fairly simple, but since we don't have that, we need to define
>     something.  WebAudio (if/when implemented) may help (with some
>     pain) for the audio side, but doesn't help us with video.
>

> Have you looked at
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/media-source/media-source.html
> ?

MediaSource is focused on encoded streams, not raw audio/video data.  I
don't think it helps us with this issue (or helps us at all with
anything related to PeerConnections or getUserMedia/MediaStreams).  (I'm
no expert on MediaSource, but I believe I'm correct on this.)

--
Randell Jesup
randell-ietf@jesup.org