RE: First agenda draft f2f TPAC

> From: Harald Alvestrand [mailto:harald@alvestrand.no]
>
> On 10/22/2012 03:24 PM, Stefan Hakansson LK wrote:
> > On 10/22/2012 03:19 PM, Cullen Jennings (fluffy) wrote:
> >>
> >> I'd like to discuss how an application that is using one camera can
> >> switch to using a different camera without creating a new stream.
> >
> > Thanks for providing feedback on the draft agenda!
> >
> > To have that kind of discussion in an efficient manner, I think we
> > would need a straw man's proposal. And since this is not possible with
> > the current set of API functions, a motivation.
> >
> > Is this something you could put together and send to the list within
> > the next couple of days?
>
> Travis has suggested some functions in his "constraint tweaking"
> proposal that would also have the effect of being able to select a
> different camera - I asked for more detail on that aspect of his
> proposal, don't know if he added it in the latest update.

Nope, I haven't updated the draft. The basic idea is that a developer would be able to "see" the available cameras/devices, but could not "activate" one of them without taking a specific step (either through getUserMedia, or a similar function). That function would force the device to go through the permissions UX.