Re: revised recording proposal

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 19:20:59 -0800
To: Jim Barnett <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com>
Cc: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, "Mandyam, Giridhar" <mandyam@quicinc.com>, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>, "public-media-capture@w3.org" <public-media-capture@w3.org>
On 1 December 2012 07:09, Jim Barnett <Jim.Barnett@genesyslab.com> wrote:
> Does that mean only that the app can't change them, but that other entities could?

That would be my expectation, unless otherwise stated...

>  If an app reads an immutable (by it) File  at two different times, could it find different data?

Also true, though I imagine that this could be prevented by doing some
locking if that sort of all-encompassing immutability is a desirable
property.  I'm not sure that's highly important, given the likelihood
of this occurring being on par with other sorts of changes
(corruption, etc...) that an application would have to deal with.