Re: Proposed Milestones

On 08/14/2012 10:12 PM, Travis Leithead wrote:
>> From: Stefan Hakansson LK
>> [mailto:stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com]
>>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> The milestones for this TF have not been discussed much, but here
>> is a proposal that the chairs would like feedback on.
>>
>> The milestones have been drafted with the recently proposed
>> milestones for the webrtc WG in mind - that WG depends on the
>> document developed by this TF so it should be ready before the
>> webrtc document. The intent is also to have a rather quick path to
>> a first version, and possibly delaying some features to a later
>> version.
>>
>> Draft milestones:
>>
>> FPWD: already passed (June 28 2012) LC: November 2012 CR: January
>> 2013 PR: Q1 2013 Rec: Q2 2013
>>
>> Your feedback would be appreciated!
>
> I would love this timeline, however, I suspect that November for
> last-call is a bit optimistic, especially since we'd need to
> essentially be feature-complete a few months prior to that, and I
> don't suspect we've reached a "feature-complete" stage yet. If
> progress really heats up, then we might be able to land something at
> LC early next year I suspect.

Thanks for feedback! It might be a too tight schedule, I guess that to a
part comes down to what the Task Force thinks is feature complete. In
principle we could settle for a bare minimum in a first version
(basically only what is already implemented and available) with the
intention to add features in a new version quite soon, or we could
decide to add more features now (and then likely have to shift the
milestones as you say).

Let's see what the TF thinks is the right way!