RE: Which videoTrack should be played in the <Video> element?

From: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 17:43:52 +0000
To: Stefan Hakansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
> From: Stefan Hakansson LK [mailto:stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com]
> On 07/30/2012 07:13 PM, Travis Leithead wrote:
> >> From: Stefan Hakansson LK
> >> My question would be, what happens if the author sets the width and
> >> height properties of the video element in this situation?
> >
> > My guess is that with no poster defined, and no video track, that the
> > background of the Video element is transparent (the CSS default) and
> > would occupy the assigned space in layout, but with a transparent
> > background. Of course CSS styling can make this into whatever it
> > wants...
> Right. What I really meant was: what happens if the author does _not_
> define any height/width? Is there a default size, and what is it? Or does it (in
> absence of any input) default to zero?

As Harald mentioned, it looks like <video> element defines this in HTML5:

"The intrinsic width of a video element's playback area is the intrinsic width of the video resource, if that is available; otherwise it is the intrinsic width of the poster frame, if that is available; otherwise it is 300 CSS pixels."

"The intrinsic height of a video element's playback area is the intrinsic height of the video resource, if that is available; otherwise it is the intrinsic height of the poster frame, if that is available; otherwise it is 150 CSS pixels."
(http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/the-video-element.html#the-video-element)

So, I think it's pretty well covered.