Re: New version of Editor's Draft

On 4/28/2012 4:29 AM, William Lin wrote:
> look forward to this recorder proposal.
> one question,  will recorder be a html5 tag similar to <video>,<audio>
> and can be used independent of  Media Caputure or just part of Media
> Capature to work for record MediaStream? thanks

There's some interesting/useful symmetry to having record be a 'sink'
for a MediaStream, as opposed to a method on it (record.src =
mediastream; record.path = blah; record.max_length = blah; etc).  It's
certainly more future-proof. <video>/<audio> elements could be fed into
it through a mediastream (video.captureStreamUntilEnded() from roc's
Processing proposal, etc).

--
Randell Jesup
randell-ietf@jesup.org