use cases not covered by media capture under DAP

From: Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:07:29 -0800
To: public-media-capture@w3.org
Hey guys, I'm Brian and I work on the PhoneGap project. [1] We
implemented Media Capture. [2] It doesn't cover a number of use cases
so we have a complementary API of our own utility that covers the
common cases for image capturing discovered by PhoneGap app authors.
[3]

Perhaps these real world cases can be of use.

In particular things we see all the time:

- image source (many camera sensors common now, select from photo
lib/gallary VERY common)
- image destination (local to app, to the SD card, filesystem, as base64 string)
- image quality
- image rotation
- image encoding

[1] http://phonegap.com