Re: [3rdLC Comment API] Working Group Response

In general I dislike the way my comment is addressed. I'd prefer
direct reply to my email rather than this out-of-band response with
tons of unneeded boilerplate I have to weed through.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM, Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:
> 1- The scope of comments for this 3rd Last Call [2] is restricted to the
> changes introduced since the Candidate Recommendation, as it is mentioned in
> the Status of this document Section.
>
> --> Unfortunately, your comment about callback syntax is out of scope of
> this 3rd Last Call.

That's not actually allowed per the Process. I formally object to this.

> 2- The proposed alternative solution references a WhatWG document. Adopting
> this solution would require using a normative reference, which cannot be
> done as long as this document is not on the W3C Recommendation Track.

This is also not factually correct. I formally object to this too.

> 3- Implementation are well advanced and cover the Specification allowing to
> move to Proposed Recommendation (There was already a Candidate
> Recommendation phase where we fulfilled exit criteria)

Given that this is not implemented by browser vendors I somewhat doubt
it'll survive as such.

> 4- We may introduce your proposal if the Media Annotations Working Group
> specifies a new version of this API for Media Resource and if the proposed
> alternative solution about callback syntax is well advanced on the W3C
> Recommendation Track.

The part of my comment about handleEvent being obsolete is already
addressed by Web IDL which is a Candidate Recommendation last I
checked and there's nothing newer or older that you can reference for
them. It'd be great if you'd not just dismiss comments but actually
invest some time in understanding them.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/