Fwd: WebIDL compatibility test

Dear all,

just a small update to my last email: I have also deleted the sub-module descriptions of the WebIDL specification. These modules have been added to improve readability, but current checking tools seem to have problems interpreting/resolve them. In order to avoid compatibility issues in future, i have removed all sub-modules since they did not carry any further information.

Some smaller issues with the document were...
   ... occurrence of int as datatype (e.g., getSupportedModes)
   ... property name conflicts (e.g., status vs. statusCode)

From my point of view we reach 2nd LC soon.

Cheers,
Florian

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

> Umgeleitet von: public-media-annotation@w3.org
> Von: Florian Stegmaier <stegmai@dimis.fim.uni-passau.de>
> Datum: 17. Mai 2011 12:58:30 MESZ
> An: public-media-annotation@w3.org
> Betreff: WebIDL compatibility test
>
> Dear all,
>
> Dom was so kind to update the WebIDL checker [1] to the new WebIDL spec. He said it is very close to the specification now. I have performed a check to the API WebIDL file [2] and got lots of errors. I have removed them and now we have a syntactical correct version. It has been already updated in the specification (see [3] for diff).
>
> Cheers,
> Florian
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2009/07/webidl-check
> [2] http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-api-1.0/mawg.idl
> [3] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-api-1.0/mediaont-api-1.0.html.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.112&r2=text&tr2=1.114
> _____________________________
> Dipl. Inf. Florian Stegmaier
> Chair of Distributed Information Systems
> University of Passau
> Innstr. 43
> 94032 Passau
>
> Room 248 ITZ