Re: Checked metadata examples and RDF files

John,

Please keep in mind that the coloring is only meant for tracking the
status of advancement of the files: errors validation. In a few days or
couple weeks all this coloring will be removed in the final Testsuite as
files will all be error free.

To clarify, we are not using "red / green / yellow" coloring of text, we
are using a CSS class for each type of files, and then define a screen
layout for each class.

An aural CSS style sheet could highlight these files category for people
with visual impairments.

I agree that for a document meant for the public wide consumption, your
markup [V] / [NV] / [CV] would me more appropriate.

I can guaranty that this document, when finalized will not incorporate
these colorings in the final testsuite.

Thierry

Le 17/06/2011 17:17, John Foliot a écrit :
> Hello Thierry,
>
> As a long-time lurker on this list, and as a member of the WAI gang (and a
> current co-chair of the A11yTF of HTML5), I just wanted to make note that
> using color alone here is problematic for many users of various types of
> visual impairment - certainly any blind user will be completely shut out,
> but also any user who has color-blindness may be affected, with red/green
> color blindness the most common type of this condition there is
> (http://www.colblindor.com/2010/03/16/red-green-color-blindness/).
> Finally, the contrast colors of the "red" category (the blue hyperlinks on
> red background) are likely insufficient in contrast for some low-vision
> users.
>
> What I might suggest instead is to use some other form of visual notation
> key to track the status of the various work products. For example, rather
> than using red / green / yellow you could append each item with something
> like [V] / [NV] / [CV] for Validated, Not Validated, and Cannot Validate,
> such as:

> If there is a desire to continue to use color, you may still do so (watch
> your foreground/background contrast), but relying on color *alone* is a
> contradiction/contravention of W3C's WCAG2 Recommendations, and I think we
> would all agree that the W3C should be eating its own dog-food, yes? If I
> can assist in any way in helping with remediation please do not hesitate
> to let me know - I would be happy to help.
>
> Cheers!
>
> JF
> ============================
> John  Foliot
> Program Manager
> Stanford Online Accessibility Program
> http://soap.stanford.edu
> Stanford University
> Tel: 650-468-5785
>
> ---
> Co-chair - W3C HTML5 Accessibility Task Force (Media)
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Main_Page
>
> ============================

>>> TXF
>>> Flash
>>>
>>> RDF Files invalid
>>> *****************
>>> EXIF_RDF
>>> QT_RDF
>>> 3GP_RDF
>>> MP4_RDF
>>>

>>> XML Files invalid
>>> Cablelabbs ADI 1.1 Example
>>> IPTC_Example (empty file) please resend JP.
>>> TXF_Example
>>>
>>> TTL Files invalid
>>> EXIF_TTL
>>> QT_TTL