RE: Status of API document & vacation information

Dear all,

I've reviewed the API document in order to prepare for LC2 publication, here are my comments:

1. editor list
- Wonsuk's affiliation needs to be updated

2. Abstract
- I think it needs rewriting, as it does not really provide the core information now.
- why does it say "related to media resources on the Web" in the first sentence?
- I would drop the text on interpreting IDL as WebIDL from the abstract

3. Status
- there is a reference to "undefined" and "undefined@w3.org"

4. Structure
- as the examples in 4.2 and 4.3 use the MediaAnnotation interface, I think it would be useful to have section 4.4 directly after 4.1

5. Sec. 1: Introduction
- What does the sentence "This document clearly states that the focus for this API is multimedia services on the Web." mean? I think it should be deleted.

6. Sec. 3: Design consideration
- when referring to the mapping tables, do not say "recommended best practice", as section 5 of the ontology document is normative

7. Sec. 4: API description
- 4.1.1: metadataSources: why does it say "_other_ metadata sources" in the description?
- 4.4., design considerations, 1st and last bullet points: MediaAnnotation should be formatted as code
- 4.5.*: I think the block "if(noErrorStatus( ..."  does not need to be repeated for each property
- 4.5.3.4.2: maximum has an equals sign instead of a colon
- 4.5: The return type is always 200, shouldn't we use the 26x types giving more details?
- 4.7: Looking at the 26x return types in more detail: are they really mutually exclusive?

8. Sec. 5: Usage examples
- 5.2: format the JSON code in the web service examples as source code

9. Formatting issues
- there are some bullet lists with bullets outside the left margin, e.g. section 3, beginning of section 4
- when printing on A4 paper, fig. 1 is slightly too wide
- when printing, no line breaks are done in text formatted as source code, so make sure that lines are short enough

10. Acknowledgments
- check/update the list, e.g., Martin Höffernig is not listed here
- problem with accented characters in Véronique's and Victor's last names

11. References
- the use cases and requirements doc should not say "work in progress"
- refer to a current version of Media Fragments spec, but do not (yet) say W3C Recommendation

Best regards,
Werner