Re: RE : Minutes of the MAWG telecon july 18th 2011 and ACTION for editors.

Felix,

I agree that the deadline Aug 7th is not the greatest, regarding the
summer holiday. (but remember that these files were requested more than 5
months ago). Now why Aug 7th ? Just to match the specification SoTD:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/CR-mediaont-10-20110707/

"This specification will remain a Candidate Recommendation until at least
01 August 2011 and until the API for Media Resource 1.0 specification
enters Candidate Recommendation."

And the API for Media Resource 1.0 specification LC review ends  07 August
2011.
see:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-mediaont-api-1.0-20110712

The idea was to collect all files at that date. Then we will have to check
again all the RDF files: We must make sure that not only the RDF files are
valid (against the RDF validator) but also they validate against the Media
Ontology (for this we use Protégé). If anyone has a better idea idea, the
Group will be happy to do otherwise. Thanks to Werner and Martin to
provide this "how to use" guide to validate the RDF files with Protégé.

We can not move to PR with RDF files in a testsuite that do not validate
the Media Ontology scheme.

I am fine with extending the deadline, but I would not want to delay
eternally this spec. At some point if there are RDF files that do fulfill
the guidelines, we will have to remove the corresponding mapping Format
from the Ontology spec (according to the CR exit criteria).

I personnally have no real RDF expertise. But I think the guidelines are
very helpfull (thank for all the people who have given input here). And it
has helped me a lot to do my format. Also looking at other correct file is
a lot of help.

There are a  few lines mandatory like the following to add to the file to
allow validation. Also providing in parallel the HTML column of the
"RDF-tested" column is affordable to everyone.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- created by hand by Thierry MICHEL (W3C) for Dublin Core example file
: version 4 -->
<rdf:RDF xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont#"
xmlns:ma="http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont#"
xmlns:owl="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#"
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#"
xmlns:more="........." >
<owl:Ontology>
    <owl:imports rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/ns/ma-ont"/>
</owl:Ontology>

Then one has to make sure the file validates against the Ontology using
Protégé.

This is the way to start with.

Sylvia should start with this and if the file don't validate, I guess
there will be people from the WG helping her to provide good RDF files.

Best,

Thierry

--
Thierry Michel