Re: Recapitulation of ma:format vs. ma:compression.

On Jan 17, 2011, at 0:48 , Joakim Söderberg wrote:

> I'm sorry, I forgot that there was a vote about the name for "ma:compression" in April 2010. So to clarify, the present suggestion is:
> format
> compression
>
> We should add "recommend practice of RFC4281 whenever possible" to description text for "format", and explain that ma:compression, can be used to describe the encoding of a track rather than a complete file.

I still don't understand what the names of compression formats are.  I am unaware of a uniform namespace.

Can you tell me what I would put in there, if format is left empty, if I want to express:

* Cinepak video
* Theora video
* IMA 4:1 audio
* uLaw audio