Re: ACTION ALL to review the Ontology spec before 2nd Last CAll

Hi Again Thierry,

Here are a few additional edits.  I have found other places where the QuickTime file format is listed twice.  I would like to have only a single entry for it, with the table attached.

1.  Section 1.1.1 and Section 1.1.2.  Please remove the QT entry from Section 1.1.1, and replace the "mov " entry in Section 1.1.2 with the QuickTime entry from Section 1.1.1.  Please remove the example in the entry.

This line should be in Section 1.1.2:

qt	QuickTime
QuickTime

2.  In Appendix A, please remove the MOV reference.  Please keep the QuickTime documentation reference in this section.

I've also attached the QuickTime table as a PDF, rather than a Numbers document.

Thanks,
Courtney

On Feb 14, 2011, at 7:00 PM, Courtney Kennedy wrote:

> Hi Thierry,
>
> Here are some edits:
> 1.  Section 5.2.2.14 "QuickTime" and Section 5.2.3.3. "mov" should be combined into single section.  This section should be titled "QuickTime" not "mov".  Both sections have an entry for description in the table, and they conflict.  The entry for description from Section 5.2.2.14 should be used.  Since QuickTime is listed as a Container Format in Section 1.1, the combined section should be listed in the container format section, under 5.2.3.  I've attached a spreadsheet with all the entries for the QuickTime table.   We found several errors in reviewing the entries under 5.2.3.3 that have been corrected in this spreadsheet/
>
> 2.   In Section 5.2.3.4 "mp4" an entry for copyright should be included, as copyright metadata is defined in MP4:
> Rights
> copyright	exact	Copyright statement for the movie file content.	box type: cprt
> container: User Data Box 'udta'
> value:  notice	A UTF-8 or UTF-16 string. Can have multiple values with different language and country code designations.	N/A
> 3.  In Section 6.5, Language is mispelled in the title.
>
> 4.  Under Appendix A, for the QuickTime specification, the date is listed as September 2007.  This specification was last updated in August 2010.
>
> <mawgqtedits.numbers>
>
> On Feb 3, 2011, at 12:55 AM, Thierry MICHEL wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please review carefully the Ontology draft
>> http://dev.w3.org/2008/video/mediaann/mediaont-1.0/mediaont-1.0.html
>>

>> This will be the *last chance* for edits before going to 2nd  Last Call.
>>
>> During the next MAWG telecon, the group will take the decision to move to 2nd  Last Call.
>>
>> Please report to the mailing list your feedback.
>>
>> Thierry.

> Courtney Kennedy 408.974.3386, mobile: 408.771.8615
> Engineering Manager, Media IO
> Apple, Inc.

Courtney Kennedy 408.974.3386, mobile: 408.771.8615
Engineering Manager, Media IO and Media Authoring
Apple, Inc.

APPLE CONFIDENTIAL
This message (including attachments if any) is for the private use of the addressee only and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message, and any attachments in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.