RE: Moving the MA Ontology to 2nd LC.

So it was a last minute objection.  

Well, you know, finally the idea of maintaining text and URI is adopted by David's new proposal for a modification and this is conform to EBU practice in EBUCore.  This is at least recomforting.

But looking at the method used, I SHALL SYSTEMATICALLY OBJECT if the approach is not carried out through the entire ontology whenever URI/string applies. This is a global ontology design issue that doesn't impact compression only. The contrary would be detrimental to the MAWG being able to develop a consistent ontology.

The good news is that it has no impact on the RDF ;-))

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Thierry MICHEL
Sent: jeudi, 10. février 2011 09:11
To: David Singer;
Subject: Re: Moving the MA Ontology to 2nd LC.


The poll was done during the telecon, but you did not attend nor sent 
regrets ...

Your objection came in yesterday at 22h44 on wednesday night, (I had 
given a deadline until wednesday night, for publication on thrursday ( 
as this is the shortest deadline I can give to the SysTeam for the 
publication process. Please understand that waiting until the last 
minute to object is not very helpful to the Group. And I don't work 
until midnight ...

As you object I will stop the publication process to 2nd LC now.


Le 09/02/2011 22:44, David Singer a écrit :
> I will send out a further email trying to bring clarity to the compression attribute; I do object and I think it is problematic.  Not least, the latest spec. integrates part of a draft suggestion from me, which was superseded by an improvement that Jean-Pierre proposed.
> I have heard that there is a 'poll' but I am unable to find it.  Can someone give me a pointer?
> Thanks
> On Feb 8, 2011, at 13:34 , Thierry MICHEL wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Today during the MAWG telecon, the participants have agreed on two resolutions:
>> 1- Keep the compression property(attName="compression", attValue="URI" | "String")  refer to the minutes for more details.
>> 2- Move the Ontology spec to 2nd LC.
>> the draft is currently available at
>> I you want to object to these two resolutions please voice before tomorrow night.
>> Else the spec will be published as a 1nd LC on Thursday.
>> Thierry
> David Singer
> Multimedia and Software Standards, Apple Inc.

Received on Thursday, 10 February 2011 08:57:09 UTC