Re: updates of the Ontology for REC version.

Le 30/12/2011 13:58, Felix Sasaki a écrit :
> 2011/12/30 Thierry MICHEL<tmichel@w3.org>
>
>> During the current AC Rep review of the Ontology spec , a company
>> requested the following updates before going to REC.
>>
>> We should address these two items:
>>
>> 1. Updating the Exif ontology reference to the Exif 2.3 release.
>>
>> 2. Reviewing the new CIPA Exif Draft "Exif 2.3 metadata for XMP",
>> http://www.cipa.jp/english/**hyoujunka/kikaku/cipa_e_**kikaku.html<http://www.cipa.jp/english/hyoujunka/kikaku/cipa_e_kikaku.html>which assigns XMP properties to each of the Exif properties, and validate
>> that the W3C MAWG ontology is consistent with this work.
>>

> I did a short analysis of
> http://www.cipa.jp/english/hyoujunka/kikaku/pdf/DC-X010_E.pdf
> I don't see any inconsistencies between the "Exif 2.3 metadata for XMP"
> mappings and the MAWG mappings. The latter are more general in some cases,
> e.g. date / time related values in XMP are mapped to "ISO date format" in
> MAWG http://www.w3.org/TR/mediaont-10/#xmp-table
> but this is no inconsistency, just a generalization.

Thanks for your review.
This is good news. If I understand correctly, for the "Exif 2.3 metadata
for XMP", this has no particular impact on our Ontology spec or our
Ontology testsuite ? Any updates needed ? any new reference ?

For the second issue, does Updating the Exif ontology reference to the
Exif 2.3 release has an impact on the exif mapping table or the test
suite exif example ?

Best,

Thierry.